Hey there, stranger… Its me, Kusha. And yes, I’ve been M. I. A. for a VERY long time. To be honest, I don’t have and excuse – beside being lazy, I guess.
I have not completed any big projects (just started a few more), have not had any epiphanies or created anything meaningful – which is kind of depressing…
However, what I have done is:
- Try a few new things and met new people who have “changed” my life (which we’ll get to in another post).
- Survived a trip to India with my mom (we get on really well and this trip really “tested” us with health issues and language barriers…but we are stronger),
- Made time for the loved ones in my life.
- Get back onto Facebook (mostly for groups I was invited to).
- Discovered listening to podcasts on my commute kept me entertained (though I still have days where I blast the music, sing (badly) and dance in the car…by myself…and feel damn good doing it).
- Figured that I care and do way too much for people who don’t really give a damn about me (ok, we always knew this one).
- Rekindled friendships and had existing friendships grow even stronger.
What I’m trying to do now… apart from finish the two major projects in my life… is figure out what I want to get out of life and what makes me happy…
Overall, 2016 was a year of discovery for me.
2015 kicked my ass in ways I never want to re-live, and my goal of 2015 was just getting through the damn year alive (even though my emotional state was shattered).
2016 made me question myself… what do I want? What makes me happy? And 2016 made me burn-out: physically, intellectually, emotionally.
I spent a lot of time (and money) on “me” and trying to find my place in the world. Trust me, I’m far from close but I am growing every day and learning about myself which has brought me some peace (sounds hippy, I know!). Yet, at least a fraction of peace in a fleeting moment is good enough, right?
Yes, I have had and no doubt will continue to have days/weeks/months where I have and will struggle to find the light at the end of the tunnel – but I do have an awesome circle of peeps who are my rocks, my support and will kick my ass into remembering the flicker of light I witnessed… without judgement (ok, apart from my two total Judgey-pants dudes (still love them though and they are refreshing) – who are convinced I can be very self-destructive… which is, true!)
As the sun sets on 2016, I must say personally and in retrospect- I had struggles but nothing as crazy as 2015, and everything that has happened to me in 2016 has taught me a little more about myself (and not to take on too many external emotions with world news).
2016 was a year where globally the world went WTF (Brexit, Trump as president elect (really, America?!?!), Pravin Gordhan being summoned to court, devastating drought in South Africa and many more charming stories!).
Looking forward, I hope to post more regularly…and have more GOOD updates… like completing my crazy projects!